Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday Maddie Baby!





Maddie is officially 6 months old! I cannot believe that in another 6 short months, my sweet baby will be ONE! Maddie is growing and changing everyday. We don't go to the Dr. for another couple weeks, but I can tell she is heavier and longer! Here are some fun facts about Maddie at 6 months:

~rolling over both ways everywhere
~starting to sit up, but gets excited and throws herself backwards :)
~scooting on her belly
~says "Yum"
~talks up a storm when she is riding in the car
~plays with any toy you put in front of her, but especially loves her rings, rattle, doll, and Pooh book
~loves when I make animal noises
~finally loves the pool
~if you hold her up she jumps all over the place
~sleeps from 8-7 or 7:30
~takes 2- 2 hr. naps
~loves shopping...she smiles and giggles when I ask her if she likes something
~giggles constantly at Sammy
~loves when I act silly
~loves sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans, bananas, applesauce, pears, and prunes...despises peas and peaches
~loves the songs: Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Patty Cake, If Your Happy and You Know It
~And last but not least she LOVES when I say "Go big girl what you gonna do" and when I sing and make her dance to "Push It" by Salt and Pepa (crazy I know!)

She amazes me everyday and I look forward to all the new things the next 6 months have in store for us.

Chad and I had a 1/2 birthday for Maddie tonight. My mom got her a 1/2 b-day cake from Kroger that was so cute! Chad got her a balloon to play with and she LOVED it! If we bounced it really hard she would belly laugh. We let her stick her hand in the cake, and try a VERY small piece of icing. She did not care for it that much though. I guess that leaves more for Mommy to eat. Uh oh!

5 comments:

Sara J said...

The half birthday cake is so stinkin cute - just like Maddie:)

Anonymous said...

Awww Happy half birthday to Maddie! That half birthday cake is too cute! I hope we get to see yall again soon!

Lauren Thomas said...

I just can't believe how big she's getting! And it looks like she's starting to love the camera too!!!!

thedunns said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Maddie :) It flies by doesn't it??? Jack's birthday is now LESS than a month away!

Brittany said...

Happy half Birthday Maddie! The cake is so cute... what a great idea! Time flies... I can't believe you'll be planning her first birthday soon. WOW!