Thursday, July 31, 2008

Is this the baby?!

A couple weeks ago I think I felt Baby Pendley's first movements. I know that would be extremely early, but it was in the same spot that he heard the heartbeat and has pretty much stayed in that area. I have felt the same feeling almost every other day since then and it is usually in the evenings. But, this morning I had just got back in bed from one of my many bathroom breaks and I felt it this morning. Either I am experiencing some weird muscle spasms or this is Baby Pendley telling me hi. I really hope that it is the baby b/c it makes me so excited and gives me so much relief to know that there is a baby in there kickin'. :) We go back to the Dr. on Monday for our 16 week visit to hear the heartbeat and then on Tues. we are going to Baby's First Images to get our first ultrasound!! We are hoping to find out if our little peanut is a girl or a boy. Pray that Baby Pendley cooperates!! I also just can't wait to see a picture of our baby since we have not had an ultrasound yet. I will post a belly pic after our appt. It is definitely growing. My mother-in-law was kind enough to take me shopping the other day for some maternity clothes. It was so much fun! I even tried on the pretend baby bump to make sure my outfits I got would last throughout my pregnancy. We also got the most amazing invention...the belly band. It looks kind of like a tube top and you wear it over your pants so you don't have to button them. Since most of my pants are very snug right now I have put that sucker to great use. It is awesome! Well that's it for now...hopefully we will have some gender news on the next post! :)

3 comments:

thedunns said...

Kristen,

I went to school with Chad & my brother graduated w/ Summer so I found your blog through hers. Anyways, congratulations on baby Pendley :) I am almost 31 weeks pregnant w/ number 1 & I'm so excited! Those little movements you're describing sounds like the baby to me. I felt the baby right at 17 weeks & it hasn't stopped moving since. I have a very active one inside of me which is fine with me. Anyways, good luck with everything & I can't wait to see if you're having a boy or a girl-we chose not to find out, so it's always fun to see what other people are having!

Sara Dunn (Bomar)

Summer Pendley said...

Hey Girl!

Even though we talk often...I thought I'd comment, and say that I am also SO LOOKING FORWARD to next week. Sailer and Noah need to know what their cousin is! Baby Pendley already has his/her 2 bestest friends in the whole world! :)

Talk to ya soon! :)

The Arritt Family said...

I think that is definitely baby Pendley telling you "hey mommy!" Landon is also super excited to find out if he's going to have a best friend, or a girlfriend :) (Jonathan is hoping for the girlfriend because he wants Landon to marry a Pendley lady :)